At the time, what was wrong with the horses was a complete mystery, but in 2003, something in the horse’s behavior tipped them off. During the winter of 2003/2004, the Justus’s got a lot of snow. They keep a 100 gallon tank of the city’s fluoridated water outside for the horses to drink from, but once the snow came in, the horses virtually shunned the bucket of water. The bucket that was usually refilled every 24-36 hours was staying full for weeks at a time while the horses ate snow to get their water.
Interestingly enough, while the horses were eating snow and avoiding the tank of water, their symptoms began to disappear. But what happened when the snow melted away?
Cathy explains in an interview that a small ravine runs through their property when the snow is melting. In what appears to have been conscious attempts to avoid the fluoridated water, the horses began to dig small pools in which they would drink dirty, muddy water. They went out of their way to dig holes to get muddy water to drink in order to keep from drinking the city water.
Cathy and Wayne don’t consider it a coincidence that the horses that drank the most water were the ones that got sicker faster than the rest.
“Horses on average… will drink 10-12 gallons a day. A lactating mare can actually double that amount. Ironic is the horses that we had get the sickest the quickest were the mares that were lactating,” Cathy says.
Researchers determined that the horses had in fact been poisoned by sodium fluoride, and the only source of fluoride accessible to the horses on the entire farm was their drinking water.
Their symptoms included:
- crooked legs
- hoof deformities
- reproductive issues
- hyperostosis and enostosis
- reduced bone resorption
It had been confirmed. Fluoridated water killed Cathy and Wayne Justus’ 6 horses and possibly their 4 dogs. Not only did they lose their beloved animals, but each horse was worth around $500,000, making it a $3 million loss.
Cathy had been pushing the de-fluoridation of water to her water municipality, but was greeted with denial and ignorance, as they attempted to convince her that fluoride in the water was good (uh, what?). Fortunately, the citizens of Pagosa Springs rose up and demanded that fluoride be taken out of their drinking water. And in 2005, it worked.
The dangers of fluoride are not a mystery, nor a conspiracy. To put it into the simplest terms: drinking fluoride is not good for your body period.
Post by Josh Paniagua